Certain Private Non-Profits (PNP) organizations may be able to seek disaster assistance through the Public Assistance Program.
PNPs are required meet the following requirements to determine eligibility.
- Proof of tax exempt status according to the IRS
- Operate as nonprofit under State law
- Request assistance for facilities used primarily for eligible purposes
- Provide services of a governmental nature
- Be open to the general public
- PNP questionnaire must be filled out to determine eligibility
- Eligible for emergency & permanent work
- Critical services may include the following:
- Education, Utility, Emergency Services and Emergency Medical Care
- Eligible for emergency work
- Must first apply through the Small Business Administration for permanent work
- Non-Critical Services may include the following:
- Community Centers, Performing Arts Centers, Museums, Libraries, Zoos, etc.