Hazardous Materials Awareness will now also be offered online
Arkansas Division of Emergency Management, in conjunction with the State Emergency Response Commission will now allow Level 1: Hazardous Materials Awareness to be taken through the Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) AWR-358dL online training program.
In order to receive credit for the course in Arkansas you first must do the following:
- You must register for a FEMA Student ID (SID) number at https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid/register If you already have one you can skip this step
- To register for the CDP AWR-358 dl class through one of the following link:
- AWR-358dl page: https://cdp.dhs.gov/training/course/AWR-358%20dL
- Upon completion of the course you must submit the AWR-358dl certificate through the ADEM Hazmat training site at: Hazmat Awareness Online Class Confirmation Form
If you have any questions about these procedures please contact the ADEM Training Branch at (501)-683-6700 or email email@example.com
For issues or concerns regarding the online courses provided by the CDP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
These classes are available to local coordinators, deputy coordinators, local emergency management funded personnel, fire fighters and other emergency responders. Be sure to check the schedule often; class dates and locations may change. Please review the course descriptions for prerequisites. Specify the class location and course name in the “Name of Class” field in the online registration form.
Hazardous Materials Recertification:
Certification period for Hazardous Materials Levels 1-3 (Awareness, Operations, and Technician) is 5 years. To recertify, you must have the following continuous education hours:
- Awareness – 4 hours per year
- Operations – 8 hours per year
- Technician – 24 hours per year. Training Officer/Coordinator should keep records of all training for Hazardous Materials CEU’s
The following are items that may be counted toward Hazardous Materials CEU’s:
- Any hazardous materials training conducted for the year (internal or external)
- Any Terrorism Course attended
- Actual hazardous materials incidents responded to
- Exercises that include hazardous materials
Classes are available at your convenience-days, evenings or weekends. To inquire about scheduling, questions regarding Recertification or to sign up for a class, please contact Chris Foreman.