SALARY: Recruits begin earning a salary upon their initial report to the Arkansas State Police Training Academy. The entry salary for an Arkansas State Trooper Recruit is $42,357 effective July 1, 2019. After four and ½ years as a commissioned officer, the employee becomes eligible for a promotion to the rank of ASP Trooper First Class, receiving a salary increase of 10%. After seven and ½ years as a commissioned officer, the employee becomes eligible for a promotion to the rank of ASP Corporal, receiving a salary increase of 10%.
VACATION & SICK LEAVE: New Troopers qualify for eleven paid holidays, twelve paid vacation days and twelve days of paid sick leave (*inclusive of spouse/domestic partner, child or parent).
- Healthcare insurance is paid by the state for Trooper (Recruit) and family
- Certificate pay up to $1,200 annually (*State Police Director discretion)
- Retirement contributions are paid by the state.
- Uniforms and equipment are furnished
- Eligible for career service pay following ten years of state service
- Opportunities for overtime duty